September 1/17

Hello all,

can you believe that its the last weekend of summer? It's a cool, crisp fall type morning here in the maritime's. This is my favorite time of year. Lots of yummy foods, the sun is still warm but the nights are cool, cool enough for warm sweaters, bon fires and warm drinks. The harvesting and pickles have begun for many ( not in this house yet, but soon enough).

My darling daughter was home for 4 days, 3 nights, it was a busy few days. We capped of her visit with a seafood supper, lobster, shrimp, scallops and mussels... Total spent on seafood was 170.00 ( 16 lobsters, 2 lbs scallops, 3 bags of  mussels and 2 bags of shrimp, oh and snow crab legs), plus some beer and wine, and fresh, local corn, potatoes, yellow beans and carrots. Nanaimo bar cheesecake and pineapple delight for dessert, plus coffee and baileys... We had a great time, there was 9 of us here, we ate on the deck and sat chatted for over three hours, with some short breaks for dish washing in between courses...  LG paid for most of  the seafood...  I and my family have been truly blessed to have him and his family added to ours!

I've got a busy month ahead, working lots at the beginning of the month, as LG, DB and i are heading to visit DD in her adopted home town for a few days. It'll be a fast trip, 4 nights, 4 days, ( we're leaving in the afternoon and driving the 9 hours straight through). we'll have 3 full days and on the Sunday well leave at around supper time and drive right home ( I'm guessing that we'll get back around 2 am or so).  The next day has been designated as salsa making day... There are two bottles left from last years batch ( we've been rationing lately, lol)...

My DD also turns 25 this month... A quarter of a century... Time is going so fast... EEK...

I also missed my blogaveresy date in August. It's been nine years.  Some things are still very much the same ( mainly my debts lol), while other areas have done a 180 and in the case of my weight a 360...

Crazy, funny things still happen, today I had a small fire in the oven, but my lunch was ok and the fire was put out with baking soda. Now, my oven is clean too!

I'm going to sign off, as I've got to get a few things done before we head out tomorrow for our last road trip of the summer...

PS,

This is a month of change and for me, it's always felt like a new beginning... I'll keep you posted 4 times this month... That's my goal.

:)

Comments

Jolie said…
It's crazy how long you and I have been blogging. Started almost together. The seafood supper sounds amazing (even to me, who doesn't like seafood). The nanaimo cheesecake intrigues me. I am so glad so many positive things are happening in your life.